Saturday, January 10, 2009

A FInal Saturday of Freedom

Today is the final Saturday of our Winter Vacation. I started the day by going to GB 3 for a workout. I am trying to follow one of the poster workouts from Men's Health magazine. I have a goal to meet with my trainer two days per week, do two days of cardio, and one day of this twelve station workout. Mike, the trainer, tells me that if I achieve that goal and push myself a little, it will be body changing. One week down so far and I went to the gym 5 days. It will be a little tougher to manage when work starts back next week.

Today is my dad's 73rd birthday. I wish I could spend the day with him, but he live in Arizona. I called him this evening. He sounds like he is in good spirits. I told him to look for the UPS truck on Monday. Happy Birthday, Papa.

Eric and I went to see a matinee of the Clint Eastwood film, Gran Torino. It was a good flick. It seemed like typical Eastwood fare, until the surprise ending. It is a film worth paying the matinee price at the theater. Dawn used today as a school work day to see some of her students. Then she did a few hours of shopping.

No comments: