Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family DInner

Today we went to church. After the service Dawn and I treated ourselves to lunch at the Elephant Bar Restaurant. Then it was home to more organizing and storing. I think we are almost finished.

Dawn went to paying the bills, so it was my turn to make the family dinner. I made pasta with meat sauce, spinach salad, Italian Wedding soup, garlic bread and cookies. I made chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies. I made the cookies for David and Jessica in honor of their first wedding anniversary tomorrow. The idea that I would make peanut butter anything for my daughter was out of this world. It was so unexpected that David ran to the back door, pointed to the sky and shouted "Yep, there goes a flying pig!"

I wanted to surprise Jessica by doing something completely unexpected for her. She and David of course know that I despise, even fear peanut butter. But I am so happy for them on this eve of their first year as a married couple, it was worth the effort to surprise them. Happy Anniversary Jessica and David! They took all of the cookies home at our urging. Thank you.

It was a great way to start 2009. Plus we get to see Eric tomorrow. We look forward to hearing of his adventures with Darli, her family, and DisneyWorld.

1 comment:

whatthehaleman said...

Funny post Larry (despise, even fear peanut butter). Thanks for making us feel special in lieu of our anniversary. Love you two
-Dave