Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Dawn started the day with a CAbi show in our home at 1. So we cleaned the house in preparation this morning. Then I went to the gym. Eric ran errands with me after he visited Dr. D. He has a sinus infection. So does Jessica. Both are now on meds. I think I will be visiting the good doctor on Monday. I think I have an infection also. They do run in our family.

Eric visited the hardware store with me. Then we had a nice lunch at Wendy's. I like their chili. Eric goes for the spicy chicken sandwich combo. Then we toured the grocery store. The nice man in the meat department at Vons cut a special portion of New York strip steak for me when I asked a question. I think I am beginning to like Vons more. Anyway, Valentine's Day was a reason for me to prepare a special meal for Dawn. I got a recipe from Men's Health.com It has a nice spinach salad with home made dressing and pistachios. Then the steak in a reduction sauce with broiled fingerling potatoes and french style green beans. It took about an hour to prepare. It was fun. I served dinner with a nice Cabernet wine. Dawn said she loved it. This was a nice way to express my love for my Valentine, Dawn. Later there will be a rum, banana, and ice cream dessert.

I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day, too.

Larry

No comments: